The Canterbury Underwater Club Lodge offers a fantastic facility to both members and non-members with dedicated boat parking, gear washing facilities, fish filleting stations, crayfish cooker and a communal cooking and living area.
The lodge can sleep a maximum of 20 people in its’ five rooms, specific rooms can be requested when booking but may change to accommodate the numbers of person in a party.
The Annex rooms (11 to 16) can sleep up to 16 people and will be reserved for members only unless the entire Lodge has been pre-booked for a Group.
Please *remember* that you need to bring your own linen and bedding.
This will not apply to holiday weekends and may be varied for either of the above if the lodge is only or likely to be partially occupied during your stay.
Member Rates and Cancellation Policy
Members and Partners $15.00 per person per night
Child 5-17 years $5.00 per child per night
Child under 5 years Free
Vouchers: 2 x vouchers per adult per night required if used.
Member Cancellation Policy
Prior to mid-day on the day of arrival No Charge
Later than mid-day on the planned day of arrival 1 night charged
Cancellation of a Booking for a holiday weekend must be done 3 days prior to the planned day of arrival or a two night penalty charge will apply if the beds booked cannot be re-let. The booking agent will advise the Treasurer and Secretary in these events.
Non-Member Rates and Cancellation Policy
Adult $26.00 per person per night
Child 5-17 years $10.00 per child per night
Child Under 5 Free
Vouchers can be used for non-members (for a stay when accompanied by a member) but will redeemed at the non-member price.
Non-Member Cancellation Policy
Cancellation of bookings and refund of deposits will be as per standard motel practice for Groups or Individuals.
Lodge Booking Information
Bookings are handled by the Norfolk Pine Motel. To lessen the impact on them in the running of their own business, we kindly ask that you respect the following instructions:
- E-mail is the preferred booking method.
- Phone bookings should be made no later than 7pm.
- Please do NOT use the motel’s 0800 number; doing so will incur a $4 charge.
- Please let Ron know how many people in your group so they can allocate beds and also the member/non-member make up of your party.
- Payment must be made upon collection of keys – Vouchers, Cash or Cheque only please, NO EFTPOS.
- Uplift keys before 8pm; please phone them if you are running late.
Norfolk Pine Motel - Ron Zhang
124 The Esplanade
p: 03 319 5120
f: 03 319 6405
General Lodge Rules and Obligations for ALL Users
- No Pets of any description to be taken onto or into any part of Club Lodge facilities.
- Any visiting guests may not over-night at the lodge unless booking and registration is completed at Norfolk Pine Motel prior to 8.00 pm and it does not interfere with any other persons booking.
- No smoking is permitted at the Club Lodge.
- Alcohol consumption is permitted in moderation.
- General noise to be kept to a minimum late in the evening to be respectful to others staying at the lodge.
- No undersize Fish/Crayfish/Shellfish or excess quota of any species to be kept at the club lodge.
- BBQ and Crayfish Cooker are only to be used outside.
- Clean up when you leave. There are no cleaners. We are totally reliant on club users.
- Keys must be returned to Norfolk Pine on the day of departure, lost keys will incur a $25.00 fee.
- Please direct any complaints (other than minor booking issues), suggestions or issues with the lodge facilities to a committee member.
These conditions of use of the Lodge are authorized by the President, Treasurer, and Secretary of the Canterbury Underwater Club Inc. and take effect from 20-04-2010.
Signed on behalf of the executive of the committee:
Mark Buckland – Treasurer